- A compact and universal cubical phantom which fits inside the RT-smartIMRT, 7 x 7 x 7 cm
- Manufactured with the full precision of CNC machines as structural element or just container
- for tests of geometry, positioning, distortion, resolution and contrast
- with 'Virtual Tumors' made in 3D-printing, for Process QA, with smartCUBE inside smartCTQA inside smartIMRT: The 'Virtual Patient'
- for End-to-End QA in the RT chain, from imager to beam delivery including Stereotaxy
All started with RT-smartCUBE-ISO as multifunctional tool for checks of a variety of geometrical parameters.
The cube in the format of 7x7x7 cm seemed to be handy as it fits well inside the smartIMRT phantom.
Now the smartCUBE consists of 3 different families:
1) smartCUBE-ixx for isocenter geometrical checks as smartCUBE-iso and smartCUBE-iwl
2) smartCUBE-vtx with virtual tumors made by 3D printing, for patient simulation on End-to-End QA procedures.
3) smartCUBE-qxx for quality checks. with test objects for resolution, contrast and distortion tests on imagers as CT, CBCT and IMR